|ESTERO COMMUNITY PARK RECREATION CENTER|
|Address||Contact Information||Other Information|
9200 Corkscrew Palms Blvd.
Estero , Fl.
For Rental or Program Information Please Call Our Main Phone (239) 498-0415
Irma Reyes (239) 229-2063
WiFi Coverage Area
|Google Map/Directions||Staff allocated to facility's budget||Events Calendar|
Dawn to 9pm
Monday-Thursday 7am to 9pm
Friday 7am to 7pm
Saturday & Sunday 9am to 5pm
Hours at the Historic Houses on property; please contact the Estero Historic Society for more information 239-498-5296
Rec. Center Hours: Mon-Thur. 7am-9pm; Fri. 7am-7pm; Sat. & Sun. 9am-5pm
MEETINGS HAPPENING AT THE ESTERO RECREATION CENTER IN OCTOBER
· World Peace Prayer Meeting Sunday, October 5, 2014; 10am-1pm
· ECCL Public Meeting Tuesday, October 7, 2014; 8am-12:30pm
· Estero Design Review Committee Wednesday, October 8, 2014; 5-8pm
· Meadowbrook HOA Meeting Thursday, October 9, 2014; 6:230-8:30pm
· Estero Council of Community Leaders Friday, October 10, 2014; 10-noon
· TKDO Black Belt Testing Saturday, October 11, 2014; 9am-3pm
· Historical Society Meeting Monday, October 13, 2014; 1-4pm
· ECCL Public Meeting Thursday, October 16, 2014; 6-7:30pm
· EARLY VOTING MONDAY, OCTOBER 20 to NOVEMBER 1, 2014
· CREW Board Meeting Monday, October 20, 2014; 1:30-3:30pm (ROOM 102B)
· ECPP Public Meeting Monday, October 20, 2014; 5-7pm (ROOM 102B)
· Estero “FUN DAY” Monday, October 20, 2014; 7:30am-6pm
· USA SOUTH Volleyball Tournament Sunday, October 12, 2014 (ALL DAY)
NORMAL GYMNASIUM SCHEDULE BELOW:
Adult Basketball- (18 yrs and up) Monday & Thursday 6pm-8:45pm (court 1 &2)
Family Basketball-(under 18yrs of age) Tuesdays 6pm-8:45pm (court 2 only)
Adult Volleyball- (18 yrs and up) Wednesdays 6pm-8:45pm (courts 1 & 2)
Pickleball- (18 yrs and up) Tuesdays & Thursdays (ALL COURTS) 9am-1:00pm and Sundays 12:30pm-4:30pm (courts 1 & 2 only)
Wheelchair Basketball- Tuesdays 6pm-8:45pm & Sundays 9am-noon (court 1)
USA South Volleyball- Monday through Thursday 4pm-8:45pm, Friday 4pm-7pm, and Saturday & Sunday 9am-5pm (court 3 only)
Badminton- (all ages) Fridays 6-6:45pm (courts 1 & 2)
IN THE ESTERO COMMUNITY PARK-
THREE OAKS MIDDLE SCHOOL 5K RUN- October 7 & 21, 2014
AUSTIM WALK- October 11, 2014
SOUTH HIGH CROSS COUNTRY EVENT- October 14, 2014
ESTERO PARK YARD SALE- October 18, 2014
The property was purchased in 1998. Construction on the project started in November of 2004. This park has been open since October 30, 2006.
The Estero Recreation Center began operating as an extended shelter for more than 500 people affected by the flood waters of Tropical Storm Fay on Aug. 24, 2008. The shelter was managed under the guidance of Lee County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and the American Red Cross, and the rec center was temporarily closed to the public. Scheduled programs were suspended.
For roughly two months, the American Red Cross helped the shelter residents' transition in returning to their homes or assisted them in seeking alternative living arrangements. The last of the shelter residents and the American Red Cross vacated the shelter Oct. 11 returned the Estero Recreation Center back to Lee County Parks and Recreation. The American Red Cross presented a plaque to the staff and patrons of the Estero Recreation Center thanking them for their support and sacrifices made during the time period the building was used.
After four years of work and planning, two historic Estero structures are now at home in Estero Community Park. See the article here.
Follow this link to read about it online.
Click here to view a Flash slideshow of the move.