|ESTERO COMMUNITY PARK RECREATION CENTER|
|Address||Contact Information||Other Information|
9200 Corkscrew Palms Blvd.
Estero , Fl.
For Rental or Program Information Please Call Our Main Phone (239) 498-0415
Irma Reyes (239) 229-2063
WiFi Coverage Area
|Google Map/Directions||Staff allocated to facility's budget||Events Calendar|
Rec. Center Hours: Mon-Thur. 7am-9pm; Fri. 7am-7pm; Sat. & Sun. 9am-5pm
BUILDING CLOSED MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2014-in observance of Labor Day
• Florida Premier Sports Meeting Tuesday, September 2, 2014 6-8pm
• World Peace Prayer Meeting Sunday, September 7, 2014; 10am-1pm
• San Carlos Little League Monday, September 8, 2014; 6-9pm
• Estero Design Review Committee Wednesday, September 10, 2014; 5-8pm
• Estero Council of Community Leaders Friday, September 12, 2014; 10-noon
• Estero Planning Panel Monday, September 15, 2014; 5-7pm
• Meadowbrook HOA Meeting Thursday, September 18, 2014; 6:30-8:30pm
• SW Florida Aquarium Society Saturday, September 20, 2014; 2-5pm
• Estero Council of Community Leaders PUBLIC MEETING Incorporation Tuesday, September 23, 2014; 6-8pm
• Estero Council of Community Leaders-Land September 25, 2014; 6-8pm
• CREW Executive Meeting Friday, September 26, 2014; 9am-noon
• Lee County MPO Meeting Tuesday, September 30, 2014; 9am-12:30pm
• Estero High School Volleyball Tournament Saturday, September 27, 2014 (ALL DAY)
NORMAL GYMNASIUM SCHEDULE BELOW:
Adult Basketball- (18 yrs and up) Monday & Thursday 6pm-8:45pm (court 1 &2)
Family Basketball-(under 18yrs of age) Tuesdays 6pm-8:45pm & Fridays 6pm-7pm (court 2)
Adult Volleyball- (18 yrs and up) Wednesdays 6pm-8:45pm (courts 1 & 2)
Pickleball- (18 yrs and up) Tuesdays & Thursdays (ALL COURTS) 9am-1:00pm and Sundays 12:30pm-4:30pm (courts 1 & 2 only)
Wheelchair Basketball- Tuesdays 6pm-8:45pm & Sundays 9am-noon (court 1)
USA South Volleyball- Monday through Thursday 4pm-8:45pm, Friday 4pm-7pm, and Saturday & Sunday 9am-5pm (court 3 only)
IN THE ESTERO COMMUNITY PARK-
• Estero High School 3D Cross Country Run (Jeff Sommers) Saturday, September 6, 2014
• Lee County Sports Authority Grass Volleyball Tournament Friday, September 19 through Sunday, September 21, 2014
Estero Community Park and Recreation Center is the largest within the Lee County Parks and Recreation system. The park encompasses 55 acres and houses 2 bocce courts, 12 horseshoe pits, 3 sand volleyball courts, shelters of varying sizes, a childrens play area, 4 lakes, a 5K cross country course, an outdoor amphitheater along with a 40,000 sq/ft. recreation center.
The property was purchased in 1998. Construction on the project started in November of 2004. This park has been open since October 30, 2006.
The Estero Recreation Center began operating as an extended shelter for more than 500 people affected by the flood waters of Tropical Storm Fay on Aug. 24, 2008. The shelter was managed under the guidance of Lee County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and the American Red Cross, and the rec center was temporarily closed to the public. Scheduled programs were suspended.
For roughly two months, the American Red Cross helped the shelter residents' transition in returning to their homes or assisted them in seeking alternative living arrangements. The last of the shelter residents and the American Red Cross vacated the shelter Oct. 11 returned the Estero Recreation Center back to Lee County Parks and Recreation. The American Red Cross presented a plaque to the staff and patrons of the Estero Recreation Center thanking them for their support and sacrifices made during the time period the building was used.
After four years of work and planning, two historic Estero structures are now at home in Estero Community Park. See the article here.
Follow this link to read about it online.
Click here to view a Flash slideshow of the move.