All individuals must complete a background check and must have
from High School or equivalent to become a registered volunteer.
Click on one of the Buttons Below to go to
our Volunteer Program Web Assistant Page
To register to be a volunteer, please complete the
Volunteer Application or Contact Volunteer Services
at email@example.com or 239-533-7422
SENIOR GAME VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
|Links to Volunteer Information
Lee County Parks and Recreation has an extensive volunteer program offering a variety of activities, programs and locations.
Choose from a variety of activities
- Special Olympic Activity Assistance and Coaching
Download Special Olympics Class A Volunteer Registration form here.
- Recreational or Educational Programs for groups and individuals
- Environmental Programs and Informational Guides
- Special Events and Sports Events assistance throughout the year
- Land Stewardship to assist with exotic plant control and restoration
- Trail Building and Maintenance
- Office or Program Assistance at Community Centers — youth, teens, seniors
- Mentoring/Tutoring during after school programs
- Sports Programs and Coaching
- Gardening — designing, planting, pruning, weeding
- Train Village display building and participating in holiday events
- Teaching or Assisting with Extension Service Community Education Programs
- Park maintenance and landscaping
- Recognition for your help
- Making a difference in your community
- Insurance coverage while volunteering
- A Volunteer Incentive Program – volunteer hours can be used to “purchase” a variety of interesting items
- Increased self esteem
- New experiences
- Sharing your knowledge and skills
- Making new friends
- Gaining knowledge and learning new skills
- Feeling Good
|For information about volunteering with Lee County Parks and Recreation and Extension Service call 239-533-7422 or E-mail Kathy Cahill our Volunteer Program coordinator.
Contact Volunteer Services for a personal interview. Your skills, interests, experiences and location will assist us in determining the best possible placement for you. Volunteers are asked to complete a Registration Form. Some positions require special training while others are on-the-job training.
Take the Volunteer Services Survey.