All individuals must complete a background check and must have
from High School or equivalent to become registered Volunteer Staff.
Click on one of the Buttons Below to go to
our Volunteer Program Web Assistant Page
To register to be a Volunteer Staff, please complete the
Volunteer Application or Contact Volunteer Services
at email@example.com or 239-533-7422
SENIOR GAMES VOLUNTEERS NEEDED DEC 4-14
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Links to Volunteer Information
Lee County Parks and Recreation has an extensive volunteer program offering a variety of activities, programs and locations.
Choose from a variety of activities
Special Olympic Activity Assistance and Coaching
Download Special Olympics Class A Volunteer Registration form here.
- Recreational or Educational Programs for groups and individuals
- Environmental Programs and Informational Guides
- Special Events and Sports Events assistance throughout the year
- Land Stewardship to assist with exotic plant control and restoration
- Trail Building and Maintenance
- Office or Program Assistance at Community Centers — youth, teens, seniors
- Mentoring/Tutoring during after school programs
- Sports Programs and Coaching
- Gardening — designing, planting, pruning, weeding
- Train Village display building and participating in holiday events
- Teaching or Assisting with Extension Service Community Education Programs
- Park maintenance and landscaping
- Recognition for your help
- Making a difference in your community
- Insurance coverage while volunteering
- A Volunteer Incentive Program – volunteer hours can be used to “purchase” a variety of interesting items
- Increased self esteem
- New experiences
- Sharing your knowledge and skills
- Making new friends
- Gaining knowledge and learning new skills
- Feeling Good
|For information about volunteering with Lee County Parks and Recreation and Extension Service call 239-533-7422 or E-mail Kathy Cahill our Volunteer Services Coordinator.
Contact Volunteer Services for a personal interview. Your skills, interests, experiences and location will assist us in determining the best possible placement for you. Volunteers are asked to complete a Registration Form. Some positions require special training while others are on-the-job training.
Take the Volunteer Services Survey.
Check out the Lakes Park Community Garden Newsletter: